12.29.2009

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words when necessary." - St. Francis of Assisi

Isn't that a great quote? I love the idea of Jesus communicating his heart toward the people in my life, using me - my attitudes, my acceptance of them, my decisions to do the right thing, my joy that prevails and even grows through the medium of brokenness and pain. My decision to show love to someone not because I particularly want to, but simply because they need love.

Plenty of people have done that for me. They have been Jesus to me. And I'd like to pay it forward.

It's so different from pointing the finger at people, telling them how bad they are and how they should straighten up and fly right.

Not that there's never a place for confronting someone with the ugly truth. Knowing the truth sets us free, and truth can be ugly. But truth without love tears down. There seems to be so much truth-without-love thrown around by talking heads that claim to represent Jesus. Sometimes it makes me nauseous.

Uh-oh. I'm beginning to wax self-righteous - it takes one to know one, you know. I'm in recovery from that. Anyhoo, I'm just saying that I really want my interactions, and my decisions behind closed doors, and my pocketbook, to saturate my world with the fragrance of Christ. It's so much more seductive than bashing people over the head with my Bible.

11 comments:

  1. 'Cause ya know sister, we aren't gonna win anyone to Christ whackin' them on the head with the "Good Book!" Heeeeheehe! Loved your post today, it's so very true that we are to share the love,baby...the love of Jesus!

    Ya'll have a richly blessed day from the snow covered hills and hollers of the Ozarks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just poppin' in to say howdy and see what you were up to. Have a blessed day, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Just wanted to wish you a Happy Easter girl! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really happy to arrive this site. I needed to thank you for this fantastic article!! I certainly enjoying every small bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to check out fresh things with you write-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was really amazing and marvelous post that you have shared here, thanks for sharing this post with us assignment help is the best service for many of the clients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really amazing and marvelous post that you have shared here, thanks for sharing this post with us assignment help is the best service for many of the clients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like the idea of Jesus to communicate with people through their hearts. The post is really great and I can see that I am not the only one who thinks so. That is a cool blog. Well done. Read The Poems With Essay On Emily Dickinson and you will kill two birds with one stone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quote is good indeed. Good article. Well-written. Thanks. I have always appreciated tips and pieces of advice I can find and 10 Useful Tips How To Choose And Buy Perfect House
    is not an exception. For those who are looking for a house, the tips will be worth of gold. Don`t mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the quote is great. I also love the idea of Jesus communicating his heart through people. What I also love is a professional work. Essay-review.com is what you need when it comes to review of an essay. Essays may be different but a review is required either way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me think for a moment. Thank you for the article, I enjoyed reading this. We are also working on writing a no plagiarism essays. Feel free to ask for help and you will not regret.

    ReplyDelete